Dr Luigi Vorluni - Exercise PhysiologistDr Luigi Vorluni
PhD PGCert BSc
Luigi is an Exercise Physiologist available for consultations at London City Chiro-Practice. He completed his PhD in Exercise Physiology at Brunel University in 2007. He conducted research into integrative cardiovascular and blood pressure control during and post-exercise, and during postural changes. Throughout his PhD Luigi delivered scientific talks and presentations both nationally and internationally, and also he taught exercise physiology and other sport-related subjects to undergraduate students. After completing his PhD Luigi carried out scientific research focusing on Exercise Physiology and published work in Scientific Journals.
Luigi has a long experience working as a health and wellness consultant. Numerous studies have shown that exercise and nutrition are crucial factors for maintaining and enhancing health and well-being, and preventing a large number of diseases. Luigi through exercise, nutrition, lifestyle improvements and natural cures, helped many individuals to improve and maintain their health and wellness.
Dr Luigi Vorluni’s specialties include:
- Weight Loss, Weight Management and Improving Body Composition
- Blood Pressure Management and Preventing Hypertension
- Maintaining Healthy Levels of Cholesterol and Triglycerides, Helping to Prevent Cardiovascular Diseases
Luigi carries out different tests in the area of anthropometry, health and fitness to assess health and wellness, and taking into consideration the individual’s goals, he creates tailored made programmes to improve and maintain health, fitness and wellness.
Should you wish to book an appointment with Physiologist Dr Luigi Vorluni
- Vorluni L. & Volianitis S. 2010. Interaction of cardiac and muscle mechanical afferents on baroreflex control of the sinus node during dynamic exercise. Scand J Med Sci Sports, 20(3): 434-40
- Vorluni L. & Volianitis S. 2008. Baroreflex control of the sinus node during dynamic exercise in humans: effect of muscle mechanoreflex. Acta Physiologica, 192 (3): 351-358
- Volianitis S & Vorluni L. 2008. The effect of passive exercise on post-exercise autonomic cardiovascular control. FASEB J 22: 957.18
International Scientific Publications
- Interaction between Changes in Central Blood Volume and Muscle Mechanoreflex on Spontaneous Baroreflex Control of the Sinus Node, 2007. 12th Annual Congress of the European College of Sport Science. Jyvaskyla, Finland
- Contribution of Muscle Mechanoreflex to Cardiovascular Control During and Following Dynamic Exercise, 2006. The Danish Cardiovascular Research Academy and Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen
- Also presented regularly topics in the area of human physiology at Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK.
Dr Luigi Vorluni's Education and Training
- PhD in Exercise Physiology, 2007 – Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK. Area of research: Integrative cardiovascular and blood pressure control during and post-exercise, and during postural changes.
- Certificate in Teaching Practitioner Associate, 2007 – Higher Education Academy, Heslington, UK.
- Postgraduate Qualification in Teaching and Learning, 2006 – Brunel University, Uxbridge, UK.
- Bachelor Degree, Sport and Exercise Science, 2004 – South Bank University, London. In addition to sport and exercise subjects, the degree course included nutrition and sport nutrition.
- Course for PhD students, 2006 – Integrative Human Cardiovascular Control. University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Teaching Training GTAs, 2005 – Brunel University, UK.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills Training, 2004 – South Bank University, London, UK.
- Certificate, Sport Ambassador, 2002 – South Bank University, London UK.
- Certificate in Nutrition, 2002 – The Royal Society for the Promotion of Health, UK.
- Certificate, Teacher in Aerobics and Exercise to Music, 2001 – Keep Fit Association Qualification (KFAQ). Stonebridge, London.
- Personal Training Course 1999 – Italian Federation Fitness, Cosenza, Italy.
- Diploma of Strength and Conditioning, and Bodybuilding Instructor 1998 – Italian Federation Fitness, Cosenza, Italy. Specialisation in creating a wide range of exercise training sessions for groups as well as one-to-one (Personal Training).